The design center with the team of professionals will help you choose and develop a unique design of your packaging as well as it will help you to prepare a prepress according to current or new layouts quickly and properly.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LITHOGRAPHY LAYOUT ORIGINAL
Here you can find requirements for lithography layout original. Nevertheless, there are always special cases and questions requiring additional review and explanation. Please feel free to contact us in case you have any questions.
Formats of documents
- Please send your original Adobe Illustrator files in eps or PDF format
- During layout development please use our technical drawing of layout form which is planned to be lithographed
- If there are a few files or they have large volume, please send the layouts in the compressed format
- If you have a sample of the lithography which we should focus on while printing, please send it to us
- Use only color model CMYK. Files with the RGB elements are not accepted
- For additional color samples please use Pantone Matching System chart
- For all the objects with 100% Black color, the Attribute Overprint should be chosen
- For all the objects with 100% White color, the Attribute Overprint should not be chosen
- If you want to save your own Overprint settings, please inform us about it
- Maximum rating of total paints volume in the image should not exceed 250%
- Layout should not consist of the colors which will not be used in the output; do not use Pantone palettes, if you are not going to order print with additional color. Your layout should be divided into the quantity of colors equal to quantity of colors you are intended to print it with.The layout should consist of the amount of colours that will eventually be used in print
- When selecting colors please do not rely on image of your screen. Also you shouldn’t rely on the printer footprint. It should be taken into account that the final result has considerable differences, depending on a basis material, paints' types and the manner of its
Black color requirements
Standard black color should be of single channel (Black 100), but for large elements the deep black color is used:
- in layouts with process colors (C50/M30/Y30/K100)
- in layouts with the spot-colors (Black+Add Black)
Raster Graphics requirements
- All the connected raster and vector objects should be attached to a document or sent together with a draft copy
- All the raster images should be of 100% size and have 300 dpi image resolution
- All the raster images should be in the color model CMYK
- All the special effects like shadows, Mesh-effects, lens elements, textured fill etc. should be rasterized (converted into bitmap)
- All the text objects should be converted into curves
- Avoid the usage of composite fills for text elements
- Avoid usage of small (less than 6th size) light (white) text on the complicated color background, which consists of 3 and more paints
White paint and semi-products (basis):
There are two semi-products (basis) for the lithography:
- White enamel. It is used if the lithography layout is not intended to include an effect of the metallic coating
- Transparent lacquer (primer). If your layout consists of design elements which should have metallic shine, then the lithography of such design will be made on the transparent lacquer. In such case, the elements of the white color design are made with the help of the white paint, which is spread by the printing device as a spot-color. All the elements, which will be printed with a selected white color should be reflected in the layout with the help of a spot-color with the name 'white', and located on the separate layer
Basic recommendations on layouts preparation for printing:
- To ensure the absence of all the needless hidden elements. If they are present – delete them
- To check the absence of the superimposition for white color (C0 M0 Y0 K0) in the attributes. If it is present – remove it
- To check the colors for absence of the superimposition attribute and variant 'multiplication'. To use only one variant (the superimposition is better one, and multiplication – in rare cases only)
- To check a correspondence of a right fit of the layer with a selected white (white). The elements should not have scalenous trappings. The best variant is to use the option “Copy>Paste in the foreground”. After that to repaint them into the color white.
While using the cover-coat MATT lacquer after the thermal processing, the colors in the layout are slightly changed optically (this is the case of yellow and pale colors, especially). It is impossible to predict the changes of the half-tone because lacquers and paints of different manufacturers interact in different ways.
If there are elements of the pre-press in the sent layout, the value of the finishing printing can be lower.
The basic pre-press according to the layout if it is created according tothe mentioned requirements is a setting of the trapping and the overprint.
- Pure red color should consist of C0 M110 Y90 K0.
- The trapping between red and white colors: 0.05 mm (outer and inner, depending on the location).
- Black unitary color should have the attribute Overprint.
- The trapping for objects which are located on the black composite or double black color is 0.2 mm (outer and inner, depending on location).
- The standard trapping between the pantone and process colors (or other pantones) is 0.2 mm (medial).
- In case of black paint - the standard trapping is 0.15 mm with the superimposition and fill and inking.
Also, due to the fact that it is impossible to include all the possible variants of the combination of the colors, there are standard rules for trapping and overprint setting for offset printing.
Factory is not responsible for grammar and syntactic mistakes in the given client’s layout.
It is supposed that all the layout originals are prepared taking into account technical requirements and there is no need for proofreading.
Please note, that all materials which do not correspond to technical requirements, can lead to defects during the printing process. The department of the prepress does examination of the materials for correspondence with technical requirements, but does not guarantee detection of all the errors and mismatches.
All the alterations and corrections in the layout, which are not the elements of the prepress are paid additionally.